Registration / Class Schedule Arrangement
1. How can I register for the courses?
You can register by phone, email or in person. Once the schedule is set, we will send you a confirmation email with the invoice and application form. The payment has to be settled at least two days before the first session of the class or within one week from the issue of the confirmation email, whichever is sooner. The lessons will only be confirmed upon receipt of full payment.
2. How can I pay the tuition fee?
Payment can be made by cash, cheque, or bank deposit. We do not accept credit cards or EPS payments. You may refer to “Payment Methods” for more detailed information.
3. What should I do if I cannot attend a lesson?
According to our Policies on Students’ Absence from Classes, students are required to give us advance notice of not less than 2 working days prior to the date of absence. Exemptions will only be given for absence due to sickness supported by a medical certificate, or other reasonable causes of emergency. Otherwise, half of the tuition fee will be charged for that session.
Any student who fails to attend class without giving the School any notice in advance needs to pay the full amount of the tuition fee for that particular session.
Absence from class is limited to once in a calendar month.
You may refer to the Student’s Absence Policies section in our “Student Registration Form” for more information.
4. Do you provide make-up sessions?
For private tutorial, we try to provide a make-up; however, if a make-up session cannot be arranged, the payment will be carried forward to offset the next payment instead.
For group tutorial, no make-up sessions will be arranged. However, the student may want to consider booking a one-on-one session with the teacher at the standard private tuition rate to cover the topics missed.
5. What are your opening hours?
Our regular opening hours are 12 noon – 8:30pm Mondays to Fridays, and 10am – 6:30pm on Saturdays. During the summer months as well as the Christmas and Easter holidays, our opening hours will be extended to 9am – 8:30pm Mondays to Fridays, and 10am- 6:30pm on Saturdays. The opening hours are subject to change without prior notice. You may contact us before making a visit to our centre.
6. Do you offer trial lessons?
Yes, trial lessons apply to regular/non-seasonal courses. Any student who has never taken the class before can request one trial lesson. Instead of paying the tuition fees for all the lessons scheduled for the entire month in advance, the student pays for the trial lesson at the standard rate for one lesson.
Different Types of Classes
1. What types of classes/courses do you offer? What are the differences?
In general, there are two types of courses we offer:
– Class tutorial: The schedule and topics are fixed. Our teachers design the course content following the IGCSE/ GCE/ IB syllabuses and will use their own teaching materials. It is suitable for students sitting exams offered by different exam boards. The class size is small with no more than 10 students.
– Private tutorial: The lessons are more flexible as the students can choose their own time-slot and teacher. The class content can be tailor-made according to the students’ levels and needs. We offer both one-on-one private tutorial and small group private tutorial.
2. What are Seasonal Courses?
Apart from the regular courses, we offer seasonal short courses during the summer months as well as the Christmas and Easter holidays. These courses are suitable for both local students sitting for the relevant examinations and overseas students returning to Hong Kong during their school holidays. The courses are more intensive and focused than regular courses. The summer courses usually provide a brief review of the topics learnt the past year and a preview of the topics for the upcoming academic year. The Christmas courses usually review what the students have learnt in the past few months and introduce some new topics in advance. The Easter courses usually focus on final revision and past paper drilling. Please check our website or facebook for regular update or contact us by email, phone or in person for more information.
3. Apart from IGCSE, IB and GCE courses, what other types of courses do you offer?
We also provide private tutorials for HKDSE, SAT, AP, IBMYP and Key Stage 3 (KS3).
1. Is there any extra charge for the class materials such as notes, exercises and past papers?
No, all class materials are included. There is no extra charge for the class materials. Occasionally, teachers may suggest students to buy from bookstores in Hong Kong or online to facilitate their learning.
2. Are Regular Courses suitable for students sitting exams offered by all exam boards?
Yes, our Regular Courses (except English) are designed by our teachers following the IGCSE syllabus for both the CIE and Edexcel exam boards. Different question types of the different exam boards will be covered in the courses.
3. I do not study IGCSE at school but I am going to take the IGCSE exam as a private candidate. Are the courses suitable for me?
Yes. As the IGCSE and HKDSE syllabus are not entirely the same, you may miss some topics if your school follows the HKDSE curriculum. Our Regular Courses are held weekly and you will learn with other students who are also sitting for the IGCSE examinations. You may also want to consider signing up for private tutorials if you would like to study all the topics within a short period. The teacher can also go through specific topics that you have not learnt in your school in detail.